Smart Communities Limited (SCL) views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person (or organisation) that has made the complaint.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint
- To ensure everyone at SCL knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To ensure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way
- To ensure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of SCL.
Source of Complaints
Complaints may come from any person or organisation which has a legitimate interest in SCL, e.g. clients or partners.
A complaint can be received verbally, by phone, by email or in writing.
NB: This policy does not cover complaints from employees, who should refer to the Grievance Procedure in the SCL Employee Handbook.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, informing only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements [see the SCL Data Protection Policy].
Overall responsibility for this policy lies with the SCL Board of Directors / Trustees and its implementation with Management .