Jane BirchSmart Communities Manager
Strategy. Creativity. Lead. Enable.
- ILM (Institute of Leadership & Marketing)Level 5 Certificate in Social Enterprise Support
- 23 years of experience supporting community organisations, small businesses and social enterprises
- Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Management
Marie FraserProject Officer
Research. Marketing. Reporting. Administration.
- Smart Communities lead in market research, delivering key research reports which have helped clients secure further funding for their projects
- Experienced with communities, voluntary organisations, social enterprises and private companies
- 26 years previous experience in the university sector developing marketing strategy, new products and markets for postgraduate blended learning courses
- She is also undertakes market research as an external consultant
Kate BurroughCommunity Involvement Officer
Creative. Support. Innovative. Community.
Katherine ArmstrongCommunity Involvement Officer
Support. Involvement. Advice. Knowledge.
- 25 years of supporting community groups and organisations and social enterprises
- 6 years managing and developing a charity – governance, finance, developing new and existing projects, strategic planning and influencing.
- Experience of administration and decision making on numerous grants.
- Experience of working with a wide range of local, regional and national partners.
Gail McCarthyBusiness Development Officer
Strategic planning. Leadership. Facilitator. Consultation.
- Over 27 years working within Social & Healthcare settings in both the Statutory and Voluntary sectors
- Master’s in Education & Development
- Postgraduate in Leadership and Management
- D32 and D33 external Assessor’s Qualification
- A National Qualified Community & Youth Worker
- Worked for the Department of Education & Health as an expert member of the panel for the National Child Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) service review
- Worked with community drugs and alcohol services, homeless and employment / education / mentoring services
- Worked as an independent advisor for the National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS) and has been self employed as a community consultant in the past.
- Gail brings a wealth of experience in facilitation, training provision and is a strong advocate for people within minority groups ensuring their voice and views can be fully heard and considered
Kirsten RushbyCommunity Advisor
Resilience. Strategic. Facilitator.
- Over 30 years of experience working with individuals and communities offering tailored solutions and infrastructure support.
- Degree in Social Policy at Manchester University.
- 15 years of knowledge of Somerset’s local services, project development, funding, strategic planning, and facilitation..
Project management, Bid writing, Monitorin.
- 12 years’ experience working in community sector
- Extensive project management experience, ensuring work is delivered to a high standard, on time and exceeding expected outcomes
- Significant experience of supporting equality communities and groups to flourish and thrive
- Degree in Applied Human Communications
- Level 5 ILM Management and Leadership
Expert CCS Colleagues
Nicola GreensladeCommunications Officer
Creative. Communicator. Resourceful. Innovative.
- 14 years delivering marketing & digital marketing materials – rebrands, project launches, project delivery from logo design to report summaries.
- BA Hon’s in film/media and creative content delivery
- Experienced in clear communication to both corporate and community-based clients
Michał PużyńskiBAME Community Engagement Officer
Community. Diversity. Engagement.
- Master's degree (qualified to work in social assistance, social services agencies and institutions of social prevention).
- Ten years of work experience for charitable organizations
- Co-coordinator and founder of projects related to ethnic minority groups and immigrants
Sally SargentCommunity Buildings Advisor
Support. Advice. Networking. Communications.
- 15 years' experience working in research and community development in UK and overseas
- MA in Geography
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Post Graduate Diploma
Robert HornCommunity Buildings Advisor
Experienced. Problem solver. Community. Practical.
- Supporting village halls and community buildings since 2003 in various counties with day to day issues, governance and disputes.
- Fund raising advice and practical experience of application processes, charity compliance and guidelines, Health & Safety matters
- Delivering training courses to charity trustees and local councils about Community Buildings
- ACRE sponsored diploma in community building management.
- Director/Trustee for a recreational charity for over 10 years. Have also served as a trustee for local local village hall and currently part time manager of a charity which supports voluntary organisations and runs a community centre.