Welcome to Somerset Social Enterprise Network (SSEN)
SSEN is the home for social enterprises in Somerset. The Network is a growing movement of people involved in developing stronger local economies, creating jobs, creating local wealth and assets, improving the quality of life, and helping people work together for mutual benefit rather than private profit. We currently have more than 300 members, including Associate and Aspiring (startup) members, enjoying the benefits of peer networking and training.
Membership is free to Somerset businesses thanks to funding by the four District Councils. You can join as a Full member (already trading); Aspiring (if you’re just starting out or are simply social enterprise-curious) or an Associate (not trading but supportive of social enterprise). Wherever you are on your social enterprise journey, membership is open to social enterprises and similar organisations of all sizes and at all stages of development.
Member benefits include:
- Regular networking and training events with expert speakers, experienced facilitators and peer to peer member support.
- Monthly bulletins keeping you up to date with funding, grants and advice available for social enterprises as well as another way of showcasing individual organisations – email us with your details to be in the spotlight.
- Access to a members-only Facebook Group: talk to others, share ideas and resources.
- Entry in our Somerset Shop Social directory.
- Promotion of social enterprise to policymakers and commissioners.
Click here to complete the Membership Form
You can email Marie or Kate at email@example.com
Meet the members
Our members have been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt.
Listen to their interviews packed with advice, tips and sharing their experiences to support your social enterprise. If you are just starting or already set up there is something for everyone.Watch and listen to our SSEN Members
Find a member on our NEW MapSSEN Members Map
Upcoming events and training
- SSEN Advice Surgery at Chard Together Event 11th Mar, 11 am at The Guildhall, Chard.
- Save Money! Manage Rising Energy Costs 14th Mar, 10 am – 12 noon, online via Zoom
This is a great chance to meet like-minded people, share ideas and get inspired.Event bookings and more details
Make Some Noise Campaign
A HUGE thank you to everyone who celebrated#SocialEnterpriseDaywith us by waving your posters, taking photos, sharing them on social media and generally ‘making some noise’ in the county!
Discover a wealth of quality, local, and socially conscious products – buying from these organisations means profits are reinvested into the community the Social Enterprise supports. Click below to browse the directory – from outdoor adventures, wild camping, maker workshops and ethical, local goodies!
Click below to browse the directory – from outdoor adventures, wild camping, maker workshops and ethical, local goodies!SSEN Member Shopping Directory
Joined the Network and am delighted with the friendly welcome, well organised events and good business advice.Two of us who met in a webinar have joined forces to plan a pilot music project in Yeovil (one sole trader, one CIC).”New 2021 member